March 28, 2017
Congratulations! You will soon be celebrating your child’s commencement as a graduating member of the Class of 2017. It has been my honor to serve as your student’s principal at Three Rivers High School. On behalf of the entire Three Rivers High School staff, I would like to congratulate you on your student’s achievement.
As we approach many exciting year-end events including prom, the 2017 TRHS Graduation Ceremony and the numerous senior celebratory events, it is my hope that we can work together to ensure the final months remain productive and safe for all seniors. It is important to note that the graduation ceremony is a privilege, not a right. And, while I’m sure all of our seniors will end their high school career on a positive note, the administration does reserve the right to exclude from the ceremony students who do not complete their senior year in good standing. This includes grades, attendance and behavior. I am confident, however, that the members of the Class of 2017 will continue to represent themselves in a positive manner and that conversations this time of year will center on celebrations of success.
April 18-26, 2017 – Senior Exit Interviews – Prior to graduation, all students will participate in an “Exit Interview.” This is a simulated job interview before a small committee of business and school representatives. Students will need to present a resume which includes a goal statement, as well as a written letter of application. Each interview will last no more than thirty minutes, and students will receive constructive feedback by the committee on how to improve their interviewing skills. Successful completion of Senior Exit Interview is a requirement for graduation.
Saturday, April 29, 2017 – TRHS PROM [6:30 – 11:00pm]
Thursday, May 25, 2017 – Graduates — Pick up Caps and Gowns and Graduation Tickets
June 1 and 2, 2017 – Senior Final Exams
June 2, 2017 – Last Day for Seniors
June 7, 2017 – Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal (8am) – Please meet in the cafeteria at 7:45am.
June 8, 2017 – TRHS Graduation (7pm) and Project Graduation (9pm departure)
On the other side you will find our annual “guide” to graduation with information about final exams, commencement practice, tickets for the ceremony, appropriate dress, etc.
If you have questions, please contact me at (269) 279-1120.
Carrie Balk, HS Principal
THREE RIVERS HIGH SCHOOL GUIDE TO GRADUATION 2017
- Graduation tickets become available on May 25. EACH SENIOR RECEIVES 10 TICKETS. Only TRHS seniors may pick up tickets.
- Everyone, including infants and children, is required to have tickets. Tickets will be collected at the door upon admittance.
- Each student will receive 10 white tickets.
- If a grandparent or relative needs floor seating (elderly and those in wheelchairs), please call the High School Office to exchange your general seating tickets for reserved seating tickets. You will need to provide us with the names of the individuals who need floor seating. These individuals will receive reserved seating tickets. There are limited seats so don’t wait too long. Floor seating is limited to the person who actually needs the seat and then one extra for a companion.
- Students who owe fees and fines will be able to obtain tickets after these have been paid. (Tickets will be reserved and held for students).
- Students who are in jeopardy of not graduating can obtain tickets after exams and classes have been completed and passed.
Other important information:
- Diplomas will have the student’s legal name.
- Child care is not provided for the commencement program.
- Final Exams: Thursday, June 1 and Friday, June 2.
- MANDATORY COMMENCEMENT REHEARSAL: Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Commencement Rehearsal – Wednesday, June 7, 2017
7:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Commencement rehearsal [REQUIRED]
10:30 a.m. Locker clean-out/collection of textbooks
11:00 a.m. Seniors dismissed for the day
11:00 a.m. Band seniors report to class
Graduation – Thursday, June 8, 2017
6:15 p.m. Seniors report to the Cafeteria
7:00 p.m. Commencement Begins
8:30 p.m. End of Ceremony